Betsy visits Linda Jones in Bennettsville, SC

February 2, 2018 Betsy is gathering Chi for
The 2018 T'aiChi Chih Teacher Conference!


Thank goodness Betsy was too sleepy to get up and go to my TCC class Wednesday morning.    After class, coming down the staircase I had a really bad fall.   If Betsy had been along, she would have been smushed so flat we would never have been able to fill her with chi. 
My elbows were killing me, but nothing else hurt at that moment.   I was afraid to move for a few minutes though.

The only thing I remember about the fall was stepping to what I thought was a landing on the stairs (I have no depth perception .) and feeling nothing but air beneath my feet.   My next awareness was landing sprawled out in the lobby on my back and my head banging on the hard tile floor.


According to my student who was right behind me, I missed the last two steps down to the landing, fell onto it, bounced off a huge ceramic planter and then basically somersaulted down the last 4 steps to the lobby that were after the landing.   

Amazing nothing was broken!    I am in tremendous muscular pain all over my body and probably will be for several more days, but my chiropractor and I are both amazed I had no serious injuries.    I am convinced that I was so relaxed from my TCC class  that I instinctively focused on the soles of my feet, tumbled softly and with continuity, lead with my t'an Tien, and let the fall do the fall.


Betsy accompanied me to my Chiropractor this morning.   We even felt like going to breakfast at Magnolia on Main after my  chiropractic adjustment.

I have apologized to Betsy about being a lousy host so far, but she reminded me to just let go of that.   We will have plenty of time in a day or two to fill ourselves with chi!

MORE STORY TO COME!!!

So graetful for the spirit of CHI from our T'ai Chi Chih Community to hold our hearts together in joy through the all the days of reaching in growth and returning to healing. Looking forward in hope to see you at the 2018 T'ai Chi Chih Teacher Conference!!!

Chi-FULLY from EMPTINESS,
Betsy Ross

http://www.taichichih.org/conference-2018/

============
#TCCConf2018 #TCCBetsyAndBen #TaiChiChih
(Thank You Linda Jones for building our Chi!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Betsy visits Wendy Statuto in Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ

Betsy visits Linda Jones at home in Bennettsville SC

The Tale of Ben and Betsy